Subject: Re: bug#49438: Weirdness with native-comp and gv-setter

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 18:22:22 +0200

Andrea Corallo via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> With a current native-comp master emacs, emacs -Q --eval "(require
>> 'gv)" produces an error "symbol's function definition is void:
>> gv-setter" error along with some other complaints that nil isn't a
>> function.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> unless I'm doing something wrong I can't reproduce this, either with
> default settings either building native compiling all elisp ahead of
> time.
>
> Can others reproduce this?

I can reproduce the problem (Debian/bullseye), with "./configure
--with-native-compilation".  But I haven't tried a bootstrap lately;
I'll try that now.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no