Subject: Re: bug#49435: GRUB keymap is stored on encrypted root.

From: Bone Baboon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:08:29 -0400

Barry Kane writes:

> The problem:
> On a system with encrypted root and using a non-us keymap such as DVORAK
> programmer and setting this in the bootloader configuration, the relevant files 
> for GRUB to use the keymap are stored on an encrypted partition, thus
> requiring the user to enter the password in an incorrect layout.
>
> Suggested solutions:
> Allow the user to declare that they wish to store all boot related files
> in the clear on a seperate partition.
> Grub could be built with the particular keymap required as the default.
>
> -----
> Barra O'Cathain

I also have the same problem.

When I boot up GRUB uses a Qwerty keyboard layout when it prompts me for
a password instead of the layout I have specified in my Guix system
configuration.  After enter the password with the Qwerty keyboard layout
for GRUB the other password prompts use my specified keyboard layout.