Subject: [bug#49431] [PATCH maintenance.git] nginx: berlin: Redirect old video URLs for each language.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:27:05 +0200

Hi,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 03:53:16PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Shouldn’t we also redirect
>> 
>>   /$lang/videos/everyday-use-of-gnu-guix,-part-one/ -> /$lang/videos/2020/everyday-use-of-gnu-guix-part-one/
>> 
>> since the left-hand side here was the right-hand side of the previous
>> redirects?
>
> Each valid $lang was handled further down, but my patch was confusing,
> especially when somebody wants to add more redirections.  Find
> attached a revised patch with per-language redirection in only one
> place, namely new procedure
> `guix.gnu.org-redirects-for-each-language'.

OK.

> Do I need to add a copyright header?  I hereby license/declare my
> patch CC0 <https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/>.

Currently there’s no explicit license on this file,
hydra/nginx/berlin.scm.

There’s very little at stake for the sake of transparency, it might be
best to email guix-sysadmins so people who contribute to this file (and
to hydra/berlin.scm) agree on the license.  The default license in the
project would be GPLv3+, but these config files are “special”.

> Shall I push and then wait until someone guix system reconfigures
> berlin?

Yes, please!

Thanks,
Ludo’.