Subject: grpc build failure

From: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 17:24:10 -0700

on an x86-64 virtual machine (kvm-qemu) running the current Guix,

guix package -u

fails at gprc.  The build log of grpc shows failure:

/gnu/store/rn75fm7adgx3pw5j8pg3bczfqq1y17lk-gcc-7.5.0/bin/c++
-DPB_FIELD_16BIT -Dgrpc___cronet_EXPORTS
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/include
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/third_party/address_sorting/include
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/third_party/nanopb
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/build-shared/gens  -std=c++11
-fPIC   -o CMakeFiles/grpc++_cronet.dir/src/core/lib/iomgr/gethostname_sysconf.cc.o
-c /tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/core/lib/iomgr/gethostname_sysconf.cc
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetTopChannels(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetTopChannelsRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetTopChannelsResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:41:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetServers(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetServersRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetServersResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:57:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetChannel(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetChannelRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetChannelResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:73:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetSubchannel(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSubchannelRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSubchannelResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:89:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetSocket(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSocketRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSocketResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:106:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {