Subject: bug#49427: closed (Re: bug#49427: grpc build failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 08:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49427: grpc build failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49427: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49427
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49427: grpc build failure
From: Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 01:12:04 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to file a report! (Even if it turned out to be
a non-issue)

Andy Tai <[email-masked]> writes:

> Never mind; after a new
>
> guix pull
>
>
> this no longer happens.  Please close this bug

For future reference, to close a bug you can address your mail to
[email-masked], where nnn is the bug number in your
confirmation, as I have done with this mail.

>> > If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
>> > send it to [email-masked].
                ^^^^^

--
Sarah

Subject: grpc build failure
From: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 17:24:10 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

on an x86-64 virtual machine (kvm-qemu) running the current Guix,

guix package -u

fails at gprc.  The build log of grpc shows failure:

/gnu/store/rn75fm7adgx3pw5j8pg3bczfqq1y17lk-gcc-7.5.0/bin/c++
-DPB_FIELD_16BIT -Dgrpc___cronet_EXPORTS
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/include
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/third_party/address_sorting/include
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/third_party/nanopb
-I/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/build-shared/gens  -std=c++11
-fPIC   -o CMakeFiles/grpc++_cronet.dir/src/core/lib/iomgr/gethostname_sysconf.cc.o
-c /tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/core/lib/iomgr/gethostname_sysconf.cc
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetTopChannels(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetTopChannelsRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetTopChannelsResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:41:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetServers(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetServersRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetServersResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:57:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetChannel(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetChannelRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetChannelResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:73:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetSubchannel(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSubchannelRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSubchannelResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:89:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {
                                            ^~
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:
In member function ‘virtual grpc::Status
grpc::ChannelzService::GetSocket(grpc::ServerContext*, const
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSocketRequest*,
grpc::channelz::v1::GetSocketResponse*)’:
/tmp/guix-build-grpc-1.16.1.drv-0/source/src/cpp/server/channelz/channelz_service.cc:106:44:
error: ‘OK’ is not a member of
‘google::protobuf::util::status_internal::Status’
   if (s != google::protobuf::util::Status::OK) {