Subject: Re: bug#49425: [PATCH] guix-install.sh: Prompt for configuring substitutes discovery.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 16:44:48 +0200

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +# Configure substitute discovery according to user's preferences.
> +# $1 is the installed service file to edit.
> +configure_substitute_discovery() {
> +if grep -q -- '--discover=no' "$1" && \
> +        prompt_yes_no "Would you like to enable automatic substitute \
> +discovery? (yes/no)"; then
> +    sed -i 's/--discover=no/--discover=yes/' "$1"
> +fi
> +}

Indentation is off, compared to the other functions.

Should the message say a bit more, similar to that in (gnu installer
newt substitutes)?

Otherwise LGTM!

Note that someone running “yes | ./guix-install.sh” will now have
substitutes enabled (whereas it’s off by default in
<guix-configuration>).  I suppose that’s fine though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.