Subject: Re: bug#49424: 27.2; Misdocumented default initialisation file

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:27:02 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is the text under discussion:
>
>        For brevity the rest of the Emacs documentation generally uses just
>     the current default location ‘~/.emacs.d/init.el’ for the init file.
>
> The sentence says: "the current default location ‘~/.emacs.d/init.el’".
> I can't interpret this in any other way than that this is the default
> location.  This is, as we know, incorrect.

Well, it's the default default location, isn't it?

But saying "current" here is very odd -- it's probably meant as opposed
to "historical", but why should the person reading this text care?  Why
not just say

       For brevity the rest of the Emacs documentation generally uses
       ‘~/.emacs.d/init.el’ for the init file.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no