Subject: Re: bug#49419: [PATCH 0/4] Essential home services

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 15:14:25 +0300

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> As Ludovic suggested, we could move modules to another namespace for
>> code sharing, but it is not a blocker from merging changes and we could
>> do it later when we need to share the code.  I think we should go
>> forward and push to the master.  WDYT?
>
> Yep, let's postpone moving modules to another namespace until it will be
> needed. Later, when the necessity appears, we will decide how to better
> organize the code.
>
> We can push it to master, but I planned to keep it in wip-guix-home for
> a while to bring all related stuff like documentation and cli to the
> branch and merge it to the master after everything is complete.
>
> Also, merging only part of Guix Home to the master will arise conflicts
> for users of rde channel (which contains current implementation of Guix
> Home).  However, it is solvable by removing already merged parts from
> rde repository, so, it's not a big deal and I'm fine with both merging
> options.

OK, pushed to the wip-guix-home.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/?h=wip-guix-home