Subject: Re: bug#49419: [PATCH 0/4] Essential home services

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 11:53:54 +0300

On 2021-08-23 19:24, Oleg Pykhalov wrote:

> Hi Andrew,

Hi Oleg!

>
> These patch series looks good for me.
>
> As Ludovic suggested, we could move modules to another namespace for
> code sharing, but it is not a blocker from merging changes and we could
> do it later when we need to share the code.  I think we should go
> forward and push to the master.  WDYT?

Yep, let's postpone moving modules to another namespace until it will be
needed. Later, when the necessity appears, we will decide how to better
organize the code.

We can push it to master, but I planned to keep it in wip-guix-home for
a while to bring all related stuff like documentation and cli to the
branch and merge it to the master after everything is complete.

Also, merging only part of Guix Home to the master will arise conflicts
for users of rde channel (which contains current implementation of Guix
Home).  However, it is solvable by removing already merged parts from
rde repository, so, it's not a big deal and I'm fine with both merging
options.

>
> As I remember you have an access to push.

Nope, I don't have commit access yet)

> Otherwise, please, ping me to push it.<

If everything seems ok, merge the changes, please.  I'll prepare the
next patch series soon.

> Thanks,
> Oleg.