Subject: Re: bug#4941: hexl mode update (variable word size in hexl mode)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:56:39 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> So, is anyone going to look at this? Vaguely encouraging noises were made
>> the first time I submitted it, but that was many months (possibly even a few
>> years) ago now, and no-one seems to have taken any interest in it since:
>> I don't mind if it's not wanted, but I'd rather know one way or another.
>
> Sorry, I think this should be installed, but since we're already in
> feature freeze again, we can't do it now.  As soon as we open up the
> Emacs-24 branch (which should be real soon now, really), please come
> back with a vengeance.  Say around end of January.

Vengeance apparently kinda slow, but perhaps now is the time?

The patch still mostly applies cleanly (one block fails), but I'm not a
hexl user, so I can't really test the result with great confidence.

Vivek, would it be possible for you to re-spin the patch (and test), and
then I can apply it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/