Subject: bug#49379: 27.1; Shortcuts don't work with Russian layout active on Linux (Ubuntu)

From: Petr Losev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 14:35:12 +0300

There are no shortcuts seem to be working when Russian layout is active.

I change layouts with <Super>+Space.

Ubuntu 21.04.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, 
cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2021-01-18, modified by Debian built on lgw01-amd64-045
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Ubuntu 21.04

Recent messages:
user-error: Info file emacs does not exist [7 times]
Mark set
user-error: Info file emacs does not exist
Mark set [4 times]
user-error: Info file emacs does not exist
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Beginning of buffer [8 times]
Search failed: #("layout" 0 6 (isearch-regexp-function nil 
isearch-case-fold-search nil))
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Configured using:
'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
--with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/27.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-cairo
--with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-P5Mppj/emacs-27.1+1=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
goto-address-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
view-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils goto-addr
noutline outline easy-mmode view mule-util jka-compr info eieio-opt
cl-extra seq speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func help-fns
radix-tree novice thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref cl-seq project
ring eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs tutorial help-mode easymenu time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs
cl-lib deeper-blue-theme tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 73753 16135)
(symbols 48 8542 1)
(strings 32 24172 1744)
(string-bytes 1 771416)
(vectors 16 13797)
(vector-slots 8 178385 13740)
(floats 8 41 321)
(intervals 56 1229 0)
(buffers 1000 17))