Subject: bug#4937: 23.1.50; PGP/MIME signature doesn't work

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:24:20 +0100

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

When signing an email in Gnus with C-c RET s p and trying to send it,
Emacs reports "apply: Wrong type argument: stringp, 48" and the email
is not sent.

The same procedure with "C-c RET s o" (plain PGP) works, however.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2009-11-14 on wilson
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/' '--mandir=/usr/local/share/man/' '--infodir=/usr/local/share/info/' '--with-x-toolkit=no' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> 9 Z R <down> <return> B <delete> y e s <return> 
q g <return> <return> B <delete> y e s <return> m M-< 
C-k C-e b r o n g e r @ p h y <tab> <down> t e s t 
<down> <down> <down> <down> t e s t ö C-c <return> 
s p C-c C-c C-x k y e s <return> q 9 <return> q g M-x 
r e p o r t - e m a <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Generating summary...done
No more unread articles
No more unread newsgroups
Reading active file from localhost via nntp...
Reading active file via nnml...
nnml: Reading incoming mail from file... [2 times]
nnml: Reading incoming mail (no new mail)...done
Reading active file via nnml...done
Checking new news...done
Auto-saving...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias smtpmail pop3 mml1991 bbdb-gui ispell flow-fill gnus-draft
gnus-fun epg gnus-picon gnus-cite smiley ansi-color gnus-agent gnus-srvr
nnvirtual gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-score score-mode gnus-ml gmane
multi-isearch gnus-cache nnml nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf bbdb-com
byte-opt auth-source nntp rs-gnus-article-wash gnus-topic gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems sort shadow mail-extr
emacsbug help-mode view todo-mode time-stamp notes-index-mode reftex-vcr
reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex
tex-style tex parse-time vc-cvs gnuplot-gui gnuplot info-look info
css-mode sgml-mode smerge-mode diff-mode vc-bzr noutline outline
notes-mode notes-aux vc-rcs disp-table python-21 python sym-comp message
sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums
mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils
refdb-output-mode derived refdb-mode easy-mmode server w3m browse-url
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile comint
ring rs-windows-1252 edmacro kmacro browse-kill-ring advice help-fns
advice-preload mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-utils mmm-compat cl cl-19 bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
notes-variables notes-emacs cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs w3-auto autorevert
tex-site savehist time desktop delsel cus-start cus-load tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
                   Jabber-ID: [email-masked]
                                oder http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com