Subject: bug#4937: closed (Re: bug#4937: 23.1.50; PGP/MIME signature doesn't work)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 11:40:03 +0000

Your bug report

#4937: 23.1.50; PGP/MIME signature doesn't work

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
4937: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4937
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#4937: 23.1.50; PGP/MIME signature doesn't work
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:35:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]> writes:

>   mapcar(#[(signer) "\303	\304#\211\204\305\306\307	\"!\204\310\311	\"\210\n\207" [context signer signer-key mml2015-epg-find-usable-secret-key sign y-or-n-p format "No secret key for %s; skip it? " error "No secret key for %s"] 5] "0x9F516B77")

mml2015-signers must be a list.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 23.1.50; PGP/MIME signature doesn't work
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:24:20 +0100

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

When signing an email in Gnus with C-c RET s p and trying to send it,
Emacs reports "apply: Wrong type argument: stringp, 48" and the email
is not sent.

The same procedure with "C-c RET s o" (plain PGP) works, however.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2009-11-14 on wilson
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/' '--mandir=/usr/local/share/man/' '--infodir=/usr/local/share/info/' '--with-x-toolkit=no' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> 9 Z R <down> <return> B <delete> y e s <return> 
q g <return> <return> B <delete> y e s <return> m M-< 
C-k C-e b r o n g e r @ p h y <tab> <down> t e s t 
<down> <down> <down> <down> t e s t ö C-c <return> 
s p C-c C-c C-x k y e s <return> q 9 <return> q g M-x 
r e p o r t - e m a <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Generating summary...done
No more unread articles
No more unread newsgroups
Reading active file from localhost via nntp...
Reading active file via nnml...
nnml: Reading incoming mail from file... [2 times]
nnml: Reading incoming mail (no new mail)...done
Reading active file via nnml...done
Checking new news...done
Auto-saving...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias smtpmail pop3 mml1991 bbdb-gui ispell flow-fill gnus-draft
gnus-fun epg gnus-picon gnus-cite smiley ansi-color gnus-agent gnus-srvr
nnvirtual gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-score score-mode gnus-ml gmane
multi-isearch gnus-cache nnml nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf bbdb-com
byte-opt auth-source nntp rs-gnus-article-wash gnus-topic gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems sort shadow mail-extr
emacsbug help-mode view todo-mode time-stamp notes-index-mode reftex-vcr
reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex
tex-style tex parse-time vc-cvs gnuplot-gui gnuplot info-look info
css-mode sgml-mode smerge-mode diff-mode vc-bzr noutline outline
notes-mode notes-aux vc-rcs disp-table python-21 python sym-comp message
sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums
mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils
refdb-output-mode derived refdb-mode easy-mmode server w3m browse-url
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile comint
ring rs-windows-1252 edmacro kmacro browse-kill-ring advice help-fns
advice-preload mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-utils mmm-compat cl cl-19 bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone
notes-variables notes-emacs cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs w3-auto autorevert
tex-site savehist time desktop delsel cus-start cus-load tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
                   Jabber-ID: [email-masked]
                                oder http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com