Subject: Guile 3.0.7 test failures on i686-linux, glibc 2.33 [core-updates]

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 23:41:26 +0200

On current ‘core-updates’
(ca. 39f1486efd70712416ca784f9014132644b04155), Guile 3.0.7,
specifically (@@ (gnu packages commencement) guile-final) fails tests on
i686-linux:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Running numbers.test
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: euclidean/: mixed types: (130.0 10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: euclidean/: mixed types: (130.0 -10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: floor/: mixed types: (130.0 10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: floor/: mixed types: (-130.0 -10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: ceiling/: mixed types: (130.0 -10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: ceiling/: mixed types: (-130.0 10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: truncate/: mixed types: (130.0 10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: truncate/: mixed types: (130.0 -10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: truncate/: mixed types: (-130.0 10/7)
FAIL: numbers.test: Number-theoretic division: truncate/: mixed types: (-130.0 -10/7)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Note that this doesn’t happen on ‘master’ (glibc 3.31).

Ludo’.