Subject: Conda’s “activate” is not executable

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 15:09:36 +0200

When using “source activate” to activate a Conda environment, this 
happens: 

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
-bash: 
 /gnu/store/pc51r41ryff7ngirpjbsvg58j8in5v5p-conda-4.8.3/bin/.activate-real: 
 Permission denied
-bash: exec: 
 /gnu/store/pc51r41ryff7ngirpjbsvg58j8in5v5p-conda-4.8.3/bin/.activate-real: 
 cannot execute: Permission denied
Connection to example.com closed.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

“.activate-real” is not executable, while “activate” is.  The “connection closed” message appears because “exec” replaces 
the SSH process.

I’m not familiar enough with Conda to know how this is intended to 
work; it also seems that “conda activate” is the new way to do 
this.

-- 
Ricardo