Subject: Re: bug#49334: [PATCH] DRAFT website: Add page listing branches.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 16:04:36 +0200

Hi!

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Ah, that’s an interesting idea.  This would be a key/value property list
>> that Cuirass wouldn’t touch, right?
>
> Yes, the /specification/add/xxx and /specification/edit/xxx routes
> would allow to add/edit entries in this list though.
>
> We could also add the specification max dependencies count (300 master,
> 1800 on staging ...) as a property.

That’d be nice.

>> That said, if /properties returns JSON, we cannot make the page static,
>> unless we add JS code to fetch /properties and to present it nicely,
>> right?
>
> Right, it would require to add some javascript fanciness, but I can take
> care of it.

Great.  Note that so far there was no JS at all on the web site, and I
think we’re aiming for “progressive enhancement”, so care should be
taken to have a valid page even when JS is disabled.

> Anyway, what you are proposing is already a nice step forward, this
> can come later.

Great.

I wonder if Luis or another person more competent than myself could give
a hand on styling.  Any takers?  :-)

Ludo’.