Subject: [bug#49334] [PATCH] DRAFT website: Add page listing branches.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 10:20:33 +0200

Hello!

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> +                #:target-date (string->date* "2021-07-20")
>> +                #:merge-period (* 4 30 24 3600))))
>
> This looks fine, thanks! I wonder if it would make sense to extract the
> target date and maybe other information from Cuirass.
>
> We could have something like specification properties with a key/value
> association. The https://ci.guix.gnu.org/specification/master/properties
> URL would return:
>
> {
>         TARGET_DATE: "2021-07-20"
> }
>
> This way, the https://guix.gnu.org/branches page would be mostly static
> and we could update specification properties directly from Cuirass web
> interface.

Ah, that’s an interesting idea.  This would be a key/value property list
that Cuirass wouldn’t touch, right?

I kinda liked the idea of having the target date automatically repeat,
whether or not we’re on time :-), but maybe what you suggest would be
more reasonable.

That said, if /properties returns JSON, we cannot make the page static,
unless we add JS code to fetch /properties and to present it nicely,
right?

Thanks,
Ludo’.