Subject: bug#4931: cua-selection-mode with Caps Lock turned on selects region

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 22:51:18 -0400

merge 4931 7637 17781
severity 4931 minor
quit

I see this too (Arch Linux, i3wm, no keyboard customizations that I
know of). I see characters being translated to upper case in xev as
well.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.6 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2016-06-04 built on zony
Repository revision: 7eb3bd56d0f0410d5053ee01f4b458d868682df6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
Configured using:
 'configure --cache-file=../debug-config.cache 'CFLAGS=-Og -g3
 -march=native' --enable-checking --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif=no --with-jpeg=no'

KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565199223, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x0, keycode 53 (keysym 0x78, x), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (78) "x"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (78) "x"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565199335, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x0, keycode 53 (keysym 0x78, x), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (78) "x"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565201384, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x0, keycode 66 (keysym 0xffe5, Caps_Lock), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565201449, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x2, keycode 66 (keysym 0xffe5, Caps_Lock), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565202637, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x2, keycode 53 (keysym 0x58, X), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (58) "X"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (58) "X"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    root 0x95, subw 0x0, time 565202715, (-125,284), root:(679,322),
    state 0x2, keycode 53 (keysym 0x58, X), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (58) "X"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

~$ setxkbmap -query -v
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   evdev+aliases(qwerty)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+us+inet(evdev)
geometry:   pc(pc105)
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     us