Subject: bug#49307: closed (Re: bug#49307: clisp: build failure: failing tests)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:41:03 +0000

Your bug report

#49307: clisp: build failure: failing tests

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49307: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49307
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49307: clisp: build failure: failing tests
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:40:26 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, I'm not having trouble building clisp now from either my home nor
my work computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#49307: clisp: build failure: failing tests
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 06:13:41 -0800

Hello. The clisp build failure occured on my work computer, whereas the
file corruption occurred on my home computer. Incidentally, I gave up
home off solving the corruption issue and has to wipe and
reinstall guix on that system. I will try to rebuild the clisp package
now on both systems.

Subject: clisp: build failure: failing tests
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:43:19 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Attempting to build clisp from source results in these test failures:
```(echo *.erg | grep '*' >/dev/null) || (echo "Test failed:" ; ls -l
*erg; echo "To see which tests failed, type" ; echo "    cat
"`pwd`"/*.erg" ; exit 1)Test failed:-rw-r--r-- 1 nixbld nixbld 188 Jun
30 21:15 path.erg-rw-r--r-- 1 nixbld nixbld 658 Jun 30 21:15
streams.erg-rw-r--r-- 1 nixbld nixbld 500 Jun 30 21:15
streamslong.ergTo see which tests failed, type    cat /tmp/guix-build-
clisp-2.49-92.drv-0/source/src/tests/*.ergmake[2]: *** [Makefile:34:
compare] Error 1make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-clisp-2.49-
92.drv-0/source/src/tests'make[1]: *** [Makefile:2216: check-tests]
Error 2make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-clisp-2.49-92.drv-
0/source/src'make: *** [Makefile:28: check] Error 2
Test suite failed, dumping logs.command "make" "check" "-j" "1" failed
with status 2
```
I did a pull about one or two hours ago.
```christopher@theoden ~/Repos/guix$ neofetch --stdoutchristopher@theoden ------------------- OS: Guix System 364db4fdf664d7987693a6935b76f34258041865 x86_64 Host: OptiPlex 9020 00 Kernel: 5.12.8-gnu Uptime: 6 days, 2 hours, 44 mins Packages: 93 (guix-system), 111 (guix-user) Shell: bash 5.0.16 Resolution: 1920x1080 DE: GNOME Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal: kitty CPU: Intel i5-4570 (4) @ 3.600GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 8490 / R5 235X OEM Memory: 4062MiB / 7869MiB```
-- 
Christopher Howard
Gemini capsule: gemini://gem.librehacker.com
Gemini browser: https://git.skyjake.fi/gemini/lagrange/releases