Subject: 23.1.50; C-mouse-1 undefined?

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:39:56 +0100

Hello!

I don't have a real mouse, only a trackpad. In GNU Emacs 22.3 C- 
mouse-1 lets pop up the Buffer Menu, GNU Emacs 23.1.50 with NS from  
middle of October or today shows the same behaviour. X11 client from  
2009-11-08 and from 2009-11-15 show both a faulty behaviour... (since  
last weekend, previously, i.e., in October, they were working,  
popping up the menu)

C-h k C-trackpad tells me:

	<C-down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-buffer-menu,
	which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mouse.el'.
	
	It is bound to <C-down-mouse-1>.
	
	(mouse-buffer-menu EVENT)
	
	Pop up a menu of buffers for selection with the mouse.
	This switches buffers in the window that you clicked on,
	and selects that window.

but when I actually control-click the trackpad I receive in echo area:

	"<C-mouse-1> is undefined"

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, GTK+ Version 2.18.2)
  of 2009-11-15 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version  
11.0.40400000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-libotf' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff'  
'--with-gif' '--with-png' '--x-libraries=/opt/local/lib' '--x- 
includes=/opt/local/include' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:/Library/Application Support/ 
Emacs' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/share/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig' 'CPPFLAGS=-no- 
cpp-precomp' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -gfull -mtraceback=full -Wno-pointer-sign  
-H -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -mtune=G4 -fast -mpim-altivec - 
ftree-vectorize -foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -fthread- 
jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping' 'LDFLAGS=-dead_strip - 
multiply_defined suppress''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h k <C-down-mouse-1> <C-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <C-down-mouse-1> <C-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Features:
(shadow mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util
mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash
mail-utils emacsbug sendmail regexp-opt help-fns help-mode easymenu view
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have  
others.
				- Groucho Marx