Subject: Re: bug#49293: [PATCH] isc-dhcp: Fix dhclient-script wrapper when cross-compiling.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 16:28:51 +0200

Hello Maxime,

> * gnu/gnunet/packages/admin.scm
>   (isc-dhcp)[arguments]<#:phases>{post-install}: Use the
>   cross-compiled bash when cross-compiling. Work-around
>   <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49290>.

When running:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@meije ~/guix [env]$ grep -nr bash /gnu/store/wgrh2kzgj1h6bnhxi8vv42qvriarmhsy-isc-dhcp-4.4.2-P1
/gnu/store/wgrh2kzgj1h6bnhxi8vv42qvriarmhsy-isc-dhcp-4.4.2-P1/libexec/dhclient-script:1:#!/gnu/store/xrvzr2xxf9azy9frn1a4ggfyws0jzg4a-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
/gnu/store/wgrh2kzgj1h6bnhxi8vv42qvriarmhsy-isc-dhcp-4.4.2-P1/libexec/.dhclient-script-real:1:#!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

the first bash shebang reports:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@meije ~/guix [env]$ file /gnu/store/xrvzr2xxf9azy9frn1a4ggfyws0jzg4a-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
/gnu/store/xrvzr2xxf9azy9frn1a4ggfyws0jzg4a-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /gnu/store/qxbv3y3992whk7hrbbcl391mgnqnyxch-glibc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-2.31/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, not stripped
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which seems fine, but for the second one:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@meije ~/guix [env]$ file /gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, not stripped
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

As the first script is exec-ing the second one, it could be problematic,
right?

Thanks,

Mathieu