Subject: 28.0.50; problems loading https://wikipedia.org with eww

From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 08:11:32 +0200

After installing, I start emacs with the App Icon.

M-x eww
https://wikipedia.org

Emacs waits forever and doesn't load anything.

I try with ‘emacs -Q’ from the CLI and the effect is the same.

I’m using packages.  In a third step I force emacs to reload the .emacs.d/elpa infrastructure by deleting it.  
I start emacs from the CLI and after the packages are reloaded from the Internet, it will take about 1-2 minutes 
before the wikipedia is finally accessed.

However, even after this, eww will not load the Wikipedia if I start emacs with -Q

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14042))
 of 2021-06-30 built on paag.local
Repository revision: 1dba0ca278f8185912e8d39b2af05fc6739b65f8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.6

Configured using:
 'configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CC=clang
 OBJC=clang 'CFLAGS=-g -O3''

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail gnutls network-stream url-http
mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc url-cache url-auth format-spec eww xdg
url-queue thingatpt shr kinsoku svg xml dom browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78275 7440)
 (symbols 48 9475 1)
 (strings 32 27252 1981)
 (string-bytes 1 861902)
 (vectors 16 17534)
 (vector-slots 8 227996 7058)
 (floats 8 43 21)
 (intervals 56 228 0)
 (buffers 992 12))
—
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
[email-masked]
Universidad Carlos III Madrid

Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden…
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler