Subject: Re: bug#49278: 28.0.50; Lisp Mode is for Common Lisp

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:50:56 +0100

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 3:32 PM Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Your changes were not only for the doc string.  But if you want to
> > focus on the doc string, would the following be okay?
> >
> >   Major mode for editing programs in Common Lisp and other similar Lisps.
>
> It'd be a big improvement, yes, thanks.

I concur. A big improvement.

> PS: I would still find it to be a lie because I can't see any place in
> the code that aims to support "other similar Lisps".

Also, the concept of "similarity" isn't very well defined. Scheme and
CL may look similar to many, whereas in reality there are worlds of
difference depending on your knowledge.

So I'd really stick with "ancestor Lisps" or "related Lisps".  But
your proposal is a good improvement Eli.

João