Subject: bug#49278: 28.0.50; Lisp Mode is for Common Lisp

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:29:24 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:03:01 -0400
> 
> > How do you suggest to do that in a concise enough way appropriate for
> > a doc string?
> 
> See patch below.

I cannot accept that, sorry.  At least not yet.

I actually still don't understand what practical problem are we trying
to solve here.  There's no code change, so what the code did until now
it will continue to do henceforth.  CL and other lisps also won't
change by virtue of this patch.  So why do we worry what those doc
strings say?

> The problem is indeed not new, it's the same as 20 years ago.
> It's just that noone bothered to fix it.

Fix what? what is the problem?