Subject: Re: bug#49278: 28.0.50; Lisp Mode is for Common Lisp

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:22:12 -0700

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> No, we never decided on the wording, so only the change to the docstring
> was installed.

OK, this is what I think we should install.  Any objections?

diff --git a/doc/emacs/building.texi b/doc/emacs/building.texi
index 8de93867ba..bdddc83f2a 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/building.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/building.texi
@@ -1764,10 +1764,10 @@ External Lisp
 @cindex mode, Lisp
 @cindex Common Lisp

-  Lisp mode is the major mode for editing programs written in
-general-purpose Lisp dialects, such as Common Lisp.  Its mode command
-is @kbd{M-x lisp-mode}.  Emacs uses Lisp mode automatically for files
-whose names end in @file{.l}, @file{.lsp}, or @file{.lisp}.
+  Lisp mode is the major mode for editing programs written in Common
+Lisp.  Its mode command is @kbd{M-x lisp-mode}.  Emacs uses Lisp mode
+automatically for files whose names end in @file{.l}, @file{.lsp}, or
+@file{.lisp}.

 @findex run-lisp
 @vindex inferior-lisp-program