Subject: bug#49276: evolution-data-server: test-failure

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 17:48:23 -0400

Hi,

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hello, I have been rebuilding my system from source.

I also build my systems locally from source.  It's been several years
since I last used substitutes.

> evolution-data-server build fails due to the following test failure:

I've had the same experience.  The 'evolution-data-server' test suite
usually fails on my Thinkpad X200, so on my private branch of Guix I
disabled tests for that package.

       Mark

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>From ee6cd2d8211d79a70dc2d90596d346d0ea231298 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:53:21 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] LOCAL: gnu: evolution-data-server: Disable tests.

---
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
index dfcf5dcd0c..99fbc94528 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
@@ -7564,6 +7564,7 @@ Exchange, Last.fm, IMAP/SMTP, Jabber, SIP and Kerberos.")
                               (string-append lib "/evolution-data-server;")
                               (string-join runpaths ";"))
                "-DENABLE_INTROSPECTION=ON"))  ;required for Vala bindings
+       #:tests? #f  ; XXX MHW_LOCAL Test suite usually fails on X200
        #:phases
        (modify-phases %standard-phases
          (add-after 'unpack 'disable-failing-tests
-- 
2.31.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.