Subject: 28.0.50; emacs could not load dump file not built for this Emacs executable

From: Bryan O'Brien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 02:46:01 -0500

Using commit 433e157899063741c4e047616e3b52ecc8ae6476 (HEAD -> master,
origin/master, origin/HEAD)
./configure && make && make install - no errors reported.

running src/emacs -Q

emacs loads just fine.

running nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q

emacs does not load and produces the following error:

desired fingerprint: 56d8f368a08928bd1f5e7df7a5d6d67438381e5a1e8aeb6033a57030904fe25a
found fingerprint: aec0b26babafe3b789eadbb686a48334d21b3386f99b2c9c634bc14d6be5e306
emacs: could not load dump file "/Users/bobrien/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs.pdmp": not built for this Emacs executable

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-apple-darwin21.0.0, NS appkit-2081.12 Version 12.0 (Build 21A5268h))
of 2021-06-29 built on Cuchulainns-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 433e157899063741c4e047616e3b52ecc8ae6476
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2081
System Description:  macOS 12.0

Configured using:
'configure --with-xwidgets CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/libgccjitgcc/11'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
RSVG THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 49935 8144)
(symbols 48 6526 1)
(strings 32 17709 1976)
(string-bytes 1 585049)
(vectors 16 12520)
(vector-slots 8 168773 9734)
(floats 8 21 37)
(intervals 56 194 0)
(buffers 992 10))