Subject: Re: bug#49264: 28.0.50; project.el+tramp performance issue

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 07:43:51 +0200

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 05:23:09AM +0300, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>On 19.08.2021 06:08, Ergus via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss 
>army knife of text editors wrote:
>>It feels better now. There is still a small delay, but that is normal
>>working with tramp. I will try it a bit more tomorrow; but the first
>>impression is that this solves the issue for me.
>
>It does spend time in reading files up the directory (in 
>project--vc-merge-submodules-p), though I hope those are cached by 
>Tramp.
>
>And then, if project-vc-merge-submodules is set, also reads the 
>contents of .gitmodules. But it's probably not the case.
>
>I'll push the patch now since it seems like a solid improvement either 
>way. Let me know if there's anything to be done here, or we can close 
>the bug.

IMO we can close the issue. If there are still some problems then I will
reopen it or create a new one.

Very thanks.
Ergus