Subject: bug#49253: 27.2; Emacs non-responsive when pasting into terminal-mode

From: Matt Bisson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:18:04 -0400

This is the Mac Terminal application that comes out of the box with
MacOS.  It fully supports xterm-256color as the TERM type, and I can
actually paste just fine in other parts of Emacs.  Although I'm having
trouble getting to a Linux terminal emulator these days, I realized
that I do have a machine running WIndows.  I ran the Cygwin terminal
emulator, MinTTY, started (terminal, Cygwin -- i.e., not the Win32
native) Emacs, and it exhibits the same behavior.  Something more
fundamental seems to be going wrong.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:57 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Matt Bisson <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:28:59 -0400
> >
> > I have observed this behavior from MacOS, with an Emacs running either
> > locally on MacOS, or over SSH (running on Linux).  Without any
> > modifications, a -Q invocation causes "xterm--pasted-text: Failed
> > select: Invalid argument", but without -Q it simply hangs.  It can
> > attach emacsclient sessions, but they do not accept input.
>
> What kind of terminal emulator is actually being used, and does it
> support the xterm X selection protocol?