Subject: bug#49247: 28.0.50; [Feature Request] Make tab-bar-lines dragable

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:41:53 +0300

>> > I propose adding draggable feature for tab-bar since I know many people are
>> > using it.
>> > For people using tab-bar-mode and disabling the frame title, it would be
>> > nice to move the frame by dragging the tab-bar.
>> 
>> The problem is that tab-bar is based on tool-bar, but the native tool-bar
>> doesn't support dragging.  So this feature will be difficult to implement.
>
> I actually don't quite see how to implement it even if it wasn't hard:
> dragging the frame by its title bar or the external border is
> implemented in the window manager, not in Emacs.  What would be the
> way of implementing something similar in Emacs?

I don't know, I can't find any existing Emacs code that does something like
frame dragging.  But it seems this is not needed because many window managers
already support this feature where it's easy to drag the frame
after clicking anywhere in the frame while holding a modifier key.
So if no one has an idea how to implement the same in Emacs,
this request could be closed.