Subject: Re: bug#49243: 27.2; [PATCH] Merge auth-source-pass changes from upstream

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 15:48:12 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 02 Jul 2021 15:33:36 +0200, Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> said:

    Damien> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> That last bit was me, not Lars. I was trying to nudge you to go look
    >> at the 'developers' section of the auth-source info manual and bring
    >> its documentation in line with the implementation, since it currently
    >> doesnʼt say anything about multiple hosts.

    Damien> I've just checked. The info manual says:

    Damien>    -- Function: auth-source-search &rest spec &key type max host user port
    Damien>             secret require create delete &allow-other-keys
  
    Damien>       This function searches (or modifies) authentication backends
    Damien>        according to SPEC.  See the function’s doc-string for details.

    Damien> And the docstring says:

    Damien>   A string value is always matched literally.  A symbol is matched as
    Damien>   its string value, literally.  All the SPEC values can be single values
    Damien>   (symbol or string) or lists thereof (in which case any of the search
    Damien>   terms matches).

Ah, I didnʼt go back to the docstring

    Damien> I think this is good enough.

Yes

    Damien> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
    Damien> losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

:-)

Robert
--