Subject: bug#49243: 27.2; [PATCH] Merge auth-source-pass changes from upstream

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 15:33:36 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
> That last bit was me, not Lars. I was trying to nudge you to go look
> at the 'developers' section of the auth-source info manual and bring
> its documentation in line with the implementation, since it currently
> doesnʼt say anything about multiple hosts.

I've just checked. The info manual says:

   -- Function: auth-source-search &rest spec &key type max host user port
            secret require create delete &allow-other-keys
  
      This function searches (or modifies) authentication backends
       according to SPEC.  See the function’s doc-string for details.

And the docstring says:

  A string value is always matched literally.  A symbol is matched as
  its string value, literally.  All the SPEC values can be single values
  (symbol or string) or lists thereof (in which case any of the search
  terms matches).

I think this is good enough.

-- 
Damien Cassou

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill