Subject: Re: [bug#49238] [PATCH v1 2/2] gnu: Add ytfzf.

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 08:20:56 -0400

Hi Maixme!

>> I get the idea, but I don't think we can call .patch files inside
>> phases, the patches directory is not exposed/available inside
>> build-environment.
> 
> If the relevant patch files are added to 'inputs' or 'native-inputs',
> then they are available in the build environment.  As an example,
> see the "libpng-apng" package.  It adds the patch to 'inputs'
> (named "apng") and invokes "patch" during the 'patch-apng' phase.
> 
> The "apng" input uses an 'origin' reference, but you could use
> (local-file ...) there as well.  Or beter: use 'search-patch'
> instead.

Ah thanks so much for the pointer. Since my v4 patch-set didn't come 
through, I'll make this change and send v5.

Regards,
RG.