Subject: Re: [bug#49238] [PATCH v1 2/2] gnu: Add ytfzf.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 14:13:32 +0200

Raghav Gururajan schreef op ma 05-07-2021 om 08:03 [-0400]:
> [...]
> > 
> > I'd suggest adding "patch" to 'native-inputs', adding the patch
> > to 'inputs' or 'native-inputs' (doesn't really matter which) and
> > doing (invoke "patch" OPTIONS "blabla.patch") before the substitute*.
> > 
> > [...]
>
> I get the idea, but I don't think we can call .patch files inside 
> phases, the patches directory is not exposed/available inside 
> build-environment.

If the relevant patch files are added to 'inputs' or 'native-inputs',
then they are available in the build environment.  As an example,
see the "libpng-apng" package.  It adds the patch to 'inputs'
(named "apng") and invokes "patch" during the 'patch-apng' phase.

The "apng" input uses an 'origin' reference, but you could use
(local-file ...) there as well.  Or beter: use 'search-patch'
instead.

Greetings,
Maxime.