Subject: Re: [bug#49227] [PATCH 1/3] build: qt-build-system: Allow users to override/extend XDG_DATA_DIRS.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 17:08:36 -0400

Hi Maxime,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer schreef op vr 25-06-2021 om 14:08 [-0400]:
>>     ;; These shall match the search-path-specification for Qt and KDE
>>     ;; libraries.
>> -   (list '("XDG_DATA_DIRS" directory "/share"
>> +   (list '("XDG_DATA_DIRS" suffix directory "/share"
>
> I'd recomend adding a comment here, explaining why 'suffix' is necessary
> and '=' is unsufficient, with a link to the bug and patches tracker,
> for clarity.

I realized that there had already been the same fix on staging.  I had
to spend some time to manually resolve "conflicts" (which were not
immediately apparent due to code having changed place on core-updates).
The conflict cherry-picked from core-updates which ended up fixing this
was 30759c4aadf279e470e8d7f94de332a31c1b9f42.

I rebased the commits that had been pushed to master on that and a few
related others, and pushed as d5c9cc6d9d979bfca5f035429bcf510a0a2285a3,
which contains extra comments.

Thank you!

Maxim