Subject: Re: bug#49221: [PATCH 00/13] Add go-1.16 and build with gccgo

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 22:59:52 -0400

Hello Sarah,

Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> I'm guessing this may also be not be necessary if we were to
>> successfully update restic to v0.12.1.  Do you think that would be
>> difficult to try?
>
> You are correct. This should eventually be done, but between v0.9.6 and
> v0.10, restic unvendored all its dependencies, so it would require
> packaging any missing dependencies.

I see!  Thanks for the explanation.  I've now merged both remaining
patches from this tracker as commits 733ca63bcd and 1273548f4f, with the
first one modified to do the patching as a phase (the patch file name
was too long -- caught by guix lint).

Thank you!

Closing.

Maxim