Subject: Re: bug#49211: 28.0.50; Unable to type S-SPC on feature/pgtk

From: Daan Ro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:59:27 +0700

Hello,

I think there was a mistake when merging those bugs.
Namely

49211 : 28.0.50; Unable to type S-SPC on feature/pgtk
51002 : 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk] Some keypad keys handled as normal keys
with pgtk
53200 : 29.0.50; C-S-u shortcut fails with 'PGTK' enable
55362 : 29.0.50; Super key no longer works on Wayland
      <- the different one
55660 : 29.0.50; PGTK degrades to terminal-compatible keyboard events
56653 : 29.0.50; S-SPC is treated as SPC in pgtk

49211, 51002, 53200, 55660, 56653 are caused by GTK input methods, with
imperfect workaround (give up on using GTK input methods) on the Elisp
level.

While 55362 is caused by GTK3, without user-level workarounds except by
patching
Emacs. Apparently the fix for GTK3 was landed, but reverted before the
latest
release: see https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/4913#note_1625320.

I think we should unmerge 55660 from the rest of the remaining bugs to
prevent
future confusions such as
https://yhetil.org/emacs/[email-masked]/T/#m372014fd3135e963b00bfc1439ffc0078633ad82

-- 
Daanturo.