Subject: bug#49204: 28.0.50; How to create new file in project by project-find-file

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 03:07:56 +0300

Hi!

On 24.06.2021 10:17, Giáp Trần wrote:

> I'm trying to migrate from projectile package to project(0.6.0). That
> is amazing.
> 
> Today I see I can
> not create a new file by using `project-find-file.
> 
> I wish we can create a new file with `project-find-file when the file is
> not in candidates as `find-file function do.

Any particular reason you'd want to do that? Do you want to bind this 
command to `C-x C-f` instead of `find-file`?

I've always figured we need the existing binding for a lot of cases 
anyway: it's often faster than project-find-file, and it's easier to use 
to create a file in the current directory (or nearby). There could be no 
current project (project-find-file will then ask you to choose one, and 
that's a nuisance).

And having the REQUIRE-MATCH behavior is nice to avoid typos.

That said, if you can describe the desired behavior, I could live with a 
user option. Bonus points for submitting a patch.