Subject: bug#49204: 28.0.50; How to create new file in project by project-find-file

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 05:18:33 +0300

On 19.07.2021 05:15, Giap Tran wrote:

> That means `project-find-file' will not set the default file instead 
> using M-n (next-history-element) if the user wants to use find file at 
> point.

I could live with that.

> By using this behavior, we can go to in dired mode of project root by 
> default.

That seems beneficial (though we have a separate command for that).

>> How can we know? Do you mean that it tells you that by asking to 
>> confirm after you press RET?
> 
> I mean we have to looks by our eyes :P
> 
> Oh, you mentioned "confirm". Do you use magit? I see this package has a 
> good UI/UX by default. If the user wants to push to a new branch is not 
> exist, magit will a "confirm" question.

I've used Magit several years ago. It has a well-deserved reputation, 
but it also has a lot of custom code and interface elements, so it's 
often not so easy to follow its lead when working on a feature in Emacs 
core.