Subject: Re: bug#49204: 28.0.50; How to create new file in project by project-find-file

From: Giap Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 09:15:10 +0700

On 7/18/21 7:46 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> 
> 
> Perhaps we should change the above workflow to be more "standard", but 
> IIRC the existing one was requested to be this way, and has received 
> surprisingly little complaints over the years.

I checked how the find-file func works. I see we should learn find-file 
behavior.

That means `project-find-file' will not set the default file instead 
using M-n (next-history-element) if the user wants to use find file at 
point.

By using this behavior, we can go to in dired mode of project root by 
default. Currently, we can not jump to dired mode if the text around 
point 'compile.el'

> How can we know? Do you mean that it tells you that by asking to confirm 
> after you press RET?

I mean we have to looks by our eyes :P

Oh, you mentioned "confirm". Do you use magit? I see this package has a 
good UI/UX by default. If the user wants to push to a new branch is not 
exist, magit will a "confirm" question.

Regards,