Subject: [bug#49201] [PATCH] installer: Offer the CUPS printing service.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 12:54:38 +0200

Mathieu,

Thanks.  I finally pushed [0] to fix this.  Finally, because I 
really wanted to filter other services with (const #t) instead of 
#f, but didn't find a way to make it work.  I mean, …

  (define %extra-packages
    (cons* cups
           …
           ((@@ (gnu services cpus) cups-configuration-extensions)
            (cups-configuration))))

…just, no.

I'm sure my sub-par Gexp-foo is to blame, and there's a clean way 
to include the closure of a service in the installation-os…?

Mathieu Othacehe 写道：
> On Berlin, all four installer tests are now failing. The log 
> message
> seems to point towards the recent CUPS service addition:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/639140/log/raw.

All tests ‘passed‘ (in retrospect obviously not seeing the cups 
changes) on my laptop, until I rebuilt my checkout from scratch.

Recompiling Guix as a matter of course is prohibitive on this 
machine, but I'll make a habit of doing so before running the rare 
and slower system test.

> There are a few pointers on how to fix the test failure in this 
> thread:

Oops.  Oh well.  I'm actually glad I missed that.  I finally feel 
some familiarity with how system and installer tests work, now.)

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=0dbd2c3b089d50bdfbed86916d06cc4f0da8893d