Subject: [bug#49201] [PATCH] installer: Offer the CUPS printing service.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 17:50:40 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe 写道：
> Hey Tobias,
>
>> +      (name (G_ "CUPS printing system (Web interface 
>> disabled)"))
>> +      (type 'document)
>> +      (snippet '((service cups-service-type)))))))
>
> Any particular reason not to enable the Web interface by 
> default?

I think it unwise to override upstream defaults for a feature they 
consider ‘on life support’.

Their position is that instead of the bolted-on CGI interface, 
users should use a UI that speaks directly to CUPS's C or HTTP 
API, like system-config-printer.

The only reason I added the default state in brackets is to remind 
those who do want the Web UI that it's a separate thing, so when 
they open https://localhost:631 a week later they might remember 
that and what to enable :-)

> Otherwise, if you made sure that 
>
> make check-system TESTS="gui-installed-os gui-uefi-installed-os
> gui-installed-os-encrypted gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted"

Eh, I just ran all of the tests.  No new ones failed.

By the way: the *os-encrypted ones never work, they all hang 
forever at the Linux LUKS prompt.

> works, I think you can go ahead.

Thanks for replying!  I'll push it tomorrow.

Kind regards,

T G-R