Subject: bug#49166: Writing in help-buffer does not show in history

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:44:24 +0200 (CEST)

Have written the following function that inserts text in the
help-buffer.

Was curious to see whether the inserted text persist if one uses
the buttons or commands in the Help Buffer that take you
back/forth in the history of visited entries (you can invoke
those commands with 'l' for left ('help-go-back') and 'r' for
right ('help-go-forward')).

It does not show in the history when using ('help-go-back').

Does it make sense to include the text in the history?

--------

(defun brief ()
  "todo docstring"
  (interactive)

  (with-help-window (help-buffer)
    (with-current-buffer (help-buffer)

      (insert "Abbreviated Capabilities\n\n")

      (insert "* orderless minibuffer completion\n")
      (princ "   orderless-enable\n")
      (princ "   orderless-disable\n\n")

      (insert "* ivy minibuffer completion\n")
      (princ "   ivy-enable\n")
      (princ "   ivy-disable\n\n")

      (insert "* Minibuffer Completion Style\n")
      (princ "   complt-style\n")  )) )