Subject: [bug#49149] [PATCH 0/7] Add deb format for guix pack.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 12:10:00 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> --- a/doc/guix.texi
> +++ b/doc/guix.texi
> @@ -6025,6 +6025,11 @@ This produces a SquashFS image containing all the specified binaries and
>  symlinks, as well as empty mount points for virtual file systems like
>  procfs.
>  
> +@item deb
> +This produces a Debian archive (a package with the @samp{.deb} file
> +extension) containing all the specified binaries and symlinks, that can
> +be installed on top of any dpkg-based GNU/Linux distribution.

“GNU/Linux (or GNU/Hurd)” maybe.

Perhaps it should explain that the .deb contains the whole store and
installs it as /gnu/store, and that only one such pack can be installed
at a time?

Thanks,
Ludo’.