Subject: bug#4912: 23.1.50; Turning on EDE results in "cannot find load file: ede/makefile-edit"

From: "Joel J. Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:20:54 -0500

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Turning on Emacs Development Environment, then opening a project
directory results in 

,----
| byte-code: Cannot open load file: ede/makefile-edit
`----

in echo area.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-slackware-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2009-11-09 on chondestes
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10603000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--enable-font-backend' '--with-xft' '--with-sound' '--prefix=/usr' '--enable-shared' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var' '--enable-perl=/usr/bin/perl' '--build=i686-slackware-linux' '--host=i686-slackware-linux' 'build_alias=i686-slackware-linux' 'host_alias=i686-slackware-linux' 'CFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org-Agenda Week Grid

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-q SPC SPC H a v i n g SPC w SPC a n d SPC w b a r 
SPC i n SPC t h i s SPC s t r u c t SPC n o SPC l o 
n g e r SPC m a k e s SPC s e n s e M-! p s SPC a u 
x <return> C-x o M-> C-x 0 . SPC SPC C-j C-j T h e 
SPC g u i d i n g SPC p r i n c i p l e SPC w C-h s 
h o u l d SPC b e SPC t h i s : SPC g e t SPC t h e 
SPC e s s e n t i a l SPC p r o c e s s e s SPC ( s 
e l e c t i o n SPC a n d SPC t r a n s m i s s i o 
n ) _ SPC C-h C-h SPC m o d e l e d SPC e f f e c t 
i v e l y SPC a n d SPC g e n e r a l l y , SPC u s 
i n g SPC w h a t e v e r SPC d a t a SPC s t r c C-h 
u c t u r e SPC i s SPC n e c e s s s a r y SPC f o 
r SPC t h a t . C-x C-s C-x 5 0 <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x s u b SPC m i SPC M-D r e p o r SPC SPC SPC <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] killing `*Help*'
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] `c++config.h' [nil 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] ` *C parse hack 1*' [nil 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] ` *SPP parse hack 1*' [nil 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] `haploid.c' [nil 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] `TAGS' [nil 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] `*svn-log-edit*' [25860 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] `*Completions*' [9144 259200]
[2009-11-12 01:00:00] ` *Custom-Work*' [nil 259200]
Added 2 events for today

Load-path shadows:
/home/joel/.emacs.d/psvn/vc-svn hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/vc-svn
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/t-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/t-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/anthy/leim-list hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sh-script executable wid-browse tree-widget uudecode uce
starttls spam-report spam spam-stat bbdb-com bbdb timezone gnus-uu yenc
gnus-msg smtpmail sieve-manage rmail pop3 mspools metamail mairix
mailclient mailalias mail-hist imap gnus-dired fortune feedmail
eudc-vars emacsbug binhex vc-dir ewoc vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git vc-bzr
vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher ede/dired
semantic/analyze/complete semantic/complete eieio-opt eldoc
semantic/db-typecache ehelp electric semantic/edit semantic/find
semantic/tag-file semantic/bovine/make semantic/bovine/make-by
semantic/bovine semantic/db-file cedet-files semantic/bovine/c
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/bovine/c-by
semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db-mode
semantic/db semantic/idle semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local ede/make ede/linux ede/emacs ede/cpp-root
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar
eieio-custom eieio cedet compile etags disp-table woman man cus-edit
ps-mule mh-print mh-speed tar-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
assoc sort ansi-color autoconf autoconf-mode newcomment make-mode
org-table dabbrev bookmark face-remap jka-compr info vc-svn cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
shell find-dired browse-url cal-move parse-time url-util url-parse
url-vars pp mule-util mh-search mh-thread flow-fill smiley mail-extr
mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-folder which-func imenu multi-isearch epg
mh-alias multi-prompt crm mh-mime mh-identity mh-tool-bar mh-letter
mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int message idna ecomplete rfc822 gmm-utils
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash gnus-win gnus-range gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils mh-xface mh-utils mh-comp mh-scan mh-gnus
mml mml-sec mm-view smime password-cache dig mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums qp
mm-util mail-prsvr gnus-util netrc help-mode view apropos cal-iso
footnote flyspell ispell org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info
org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs
time-date noutline outline server appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ibuf-ext ibuffer org-install preview prv-emacs
latex edmacro kmacro tex-style tex-buf tex tex-site auto-loads
preview-latex reftex reftex-vars uniquify dired-x dired-aux dired
ange-ftp comint enscript printing ps-print ps-def lpr boxquote rect
supercite sendmail regi psvn advice help-fns advice-preload wid-edit
log-edit ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode easymenu mh-e
regexp-opt mh-compat mailabbrev mh-acros cl cl-19 mh-buffers mh-loaddefs
midnight savehist time cus-start cus-load tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joel J. Adamson	-- http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280