Subject: bug#4912: 23.1.50; Turning on EDE results in "cannot find load file: ede/makefile-edit"

From: "Joel J. Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:50:31 -0500

>>>>> "Glenn" == Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

    > "Joel J. Adamson" wrote:
    >> Turning on Emacs Development Environment, then opening a project
    >> directory results in

    > Do you have lisp/cedet/ede/makefile-edit.el* in your install?

No, it is not in my current install --- this appears to be the problem,
at least proximately.

I just examined the results of my weekly CVS update and the file is in
the source tree.  I also used the same build script (available at
http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj/software/emacs-cvs/emacs-cvs.SlackBuild) on
another machine with the same distro and Gnome version, and had the same
results: lisp/cedet/ede/makefile-edit.el is there, and is byte-compiled,
but is not installed.  The rest of CEDET is installed (as best I can
tell from a cursory examination of the files).

Joel
-- 
Joel J. Adamson	-- http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280