Subject: slow load for cups /admin page

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:43:10 -0800

Hi, ever since I have started using Guix a few years ago, I have always
found that the cups page at http://127.0.0.1:631/admin load very
slowly, with nothing appearing on the Web browser page for something
like two minutes. The home page (http://127.0.01:631) loads very
quickly, and also other pages you select after you get to the admin
page (e.g., modifying a printer) load quickly. I have had this problem
across multiple Guix computers using different printers. I am wondering
if all CUPS installations in the world have this problem, which seems
unlikely, or if it is something specific to the Guix service
configuration.
This is the cups service entry for my system:
    (service cups-service-type	     (cups-configuration	      (
web-interface? #t)	      (log-level 'debug)	      (access-
log-level 'all)	      (extensions	       (list hplip-minimal
cups-filters))))
My system information:
OS: Guix System 9703a51048fbc1d322595d676ff0d63b1eb89304 x86_64 Host:
OptiPlex 9020 00 Kernel: 5.12.8-gnu Uptime: 1 day, 1 hour, 15
mins Packages: 93 (guix-system), 109 (guix-user) Shell: bash
5.0.16 Resolution: 1920x1080 DE: GNOME Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons:
Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal: kitty CPU: Intel i5-4570 (4) @ 3.600GHz GPU:
Intel HD Graphics GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 8490 / R5 235X OEM Memory:
3399MiB / 7869MiB
Thank you,
Christopher Howard
https://librehacker.com id="-x-evo-selection-start-marker">