Subject: Re: bug#4910: 23.1.50; Error while displaying tooltip

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:14:31 +0200

>   > Some recent changes broke tooltip display on non-toolkit X builds.
>   >
>   > Hovering the mouse over a menu item or a toolbar icon results in the
>   > error message:
>   >
>   >   Error while displaying tooltip: (error Invalid frame name--not a string or nil)
>   >
>   > and after a delay the tooltip is displayed in the echo area instead of the
>   > tooltip frame.
>
> This should be fixed.

Thanks.  There are another problem, and I don't know if it's related to
your changes.  Hovering the mouse on the first menu opening after
starting Emacs (I mean when you click on a top-level menu first time)
displays empty tooltip frames for menu items.  But after second menu
opening tooltip frames are correct.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/