Subject: [bug#49082] [PATCH] guix: gexp: Make UTF-8 a default port encoding in mixed-text-file

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:39:18 +0200

Am Freitag, den 18.06.2021, 19:21 +0300 schrieb Andrew Tropin:
> Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I appreciate this change, but how many rebuilds will it cause? It
> > might
> > need to go to core-updates.
> > Regards, Leo
> 
> Not so many I suppose, AFAIK, it's not used by any packages, so it
> will
> cause rebuild only for users of 2 dozens of system services during
> system reconfigure, which should be quite cheap, because it's just
> string concatenation.  Let me know if my understanding is wrong here.
> 
> Anyway, I don't mind it going to core-updates if you think it's
> necessary.
In that case it's probably good to go to master.
One thing to note however, is that we typically bind %default-port-
encoding throughout Guix.  I suppose this doesn't work for stuff like
mixed-text-file, since it's executed in a different context?