Subject: bug#49078: dejagnu-1.6.3 test failure

From: Xi Ruoyao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 12:16:03 +0800

On Fri, 2021-06-18 at 22:53 -0500, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
> The log appears to show a different but related issue compared with 
> PR47795.  Both of you reported logs with the same error occurring at
> the 
> same point.  In both cases, the child Expect exits for no apparent 
> reason when directed to execute a unit test file.
> 
> I *have* been able to replicate the issue, now that I see a key detail
> from the log files:  both of you are building in the source directory,
> which should work but is not typically tested.  Even more bizarrely,
> the 
> issue only appears, even in this configuration, on some machines.
> 
> Efforts to trace this in the (Expect) code are in progress.  What 
> distributions are each of you running?

Linux From Scratch (https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/).

> Does the problem disappear if you build and test in a separate
> directory?

Yes it desappeared.  If building in the source directory is not
supported, we can update the LFS book
(https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/dejagnu.html
).
-- 
Xi Ruoyao <[email-masked]>
School of Aerospace Science and Technology, Xidian University